Friday, March 4, 2011

March 1st, 2011 Minutes

1. Called to order @ 3:36
2. Introductions: not needed

3. Tina’s Talk: She was not there available for this
4. Current Issues
1. We have still not heard back from Mr Boone. Mindy to email Scott to see where we are at in getting the computers put in the rooms and hooked up for the students to use them. We talked about buying smart boards versus Document cameras. Trying to see how many we need and how much they are going to cost and then who is going to get them if we can only purchase so many of them.
2. Computer software – The CD showed up for Mrs. Lyons and they will be delivered to her tomorrow.
3. T-Shirt Update – We talked about how many we wanted to purchase, size of shirts, quantity of sizes. Long sleeve versus short sleeve. Do we want to buy sweat shirts? Decided on all shorts sleeve and x-small and small to have to Kindergarten Round up. Talk to Tina about info new parents about cash for the shirts. Changed the price of the shirts to $10 or 2 for $18. Discussed new logo from Awards to Go, possible for following year. Lindsay to talk with Cheryl at ECC about getting T-shirt information out to parents for Round-up.
B. Box tops – Last submission done and turned in over 7300 box tops. We should receive a check for about $800. Thinking about adding labeled baggies for box tops to Kindergarten round-up packets for new moms so they can start collecting box tops over the summer. Need volunteers to help out with this.
5. Upcoming Events
A. Read-A-Thon
packs will be going home on Monday. We are going to work on signs so to hang up around the school. Brita to put together a letter that is going to explain the read-a-thon. Let the teachersknow about participate prize for top class in each grade. The prize will be a visa GC. Brita to put together 3 announcements that will be read to the school during morning announcements. We would like to have 1 on Monday morning and one for Friday morning of next week and then one for Monday after Spring break. The last announcement is to the let the teachers and students know that Tues is the last day to bring in papers with minutes on it for counting. We need to talk with John about having him come out for pictures during the assembly after the read-a-thon to see Mrs. Anderson kiss a pig and have the kids receive their prizes. This is to be done on the 25th on March.
B. Lighted School House
We discussed the activity that we would like to do at our booth. We decided on a book walk (like musically chairs) the prize will be a book. There are 40 books to give out. People signed up to volunteer and then signed up for supplies for the book walk.
C. Campbell’s soup labels –
Robyn to get the information together for an email to go out after the read-a-thon. Talked about getting information out in an email to get to sign up Fry’s cards to get points for the school.
5. Volunteers needed
A. Painting posters – people took home poster board to do them at home and then bring them back in before Mon
B. Lighted School House –
C. Count Read –A-Thon Minutes/money on 3/24
D. Kinder Round up packets 3/31
6. Treasure Report –
Money spent to buy software for library
Discussed money for shirts
Paid water bill for school
Total is $11,000
Talked about a luncheon meeting on Thursday that Mindy and Sarah are going to attend to discuss next years fundraisers. What do we want to sell at next years fundraisers? Keep it the same or add more. What do we want the school prize to be? BMX mike show or a magic show. Majority wanted to have BMX bike show.
We also need to have John send an email to Tina about volunteers for Muffins for Moms in April. The email is to go out after spring break. Please have John put in the email the dates needed for the volunteers and who to contact if they are able to help out.
Adjourned at 4:40pm.